How’s December treating you so far? As they say, December is the Friday of months, so it’s always special and magical; I, for one, am trying to make the most of it! Of course, I have so much planned for the blog too. Finally, my brand new Nikon D5500 arrived, so you’ll be seeing a lot more outfit posts (*cue happy dance*)!
For now, I’m posting my responses to the Beauty Blogger Tag created by the lovely Miah. Thank you so much for tagging me and making me a part of this!
So this is how it works: there are 5 categories with 5 questions each and I’m going to try my best to be as honest as possible while answering them. Here goes!
This Or That?!
- Eyeshadow or Eyeliner? Eyeshadow.
- Lipstick or lipgloss? Lipstick.
- Blush or bronzer? Blush.
- Strobing or contouring? Contouring.
- Liquid, gel or pencil eyeliner? Liquid gives the best result, for sure!
- Favourite brand? L’Oreal Paris.
- Favourite lip product? I hardly use drugstore products, so this is a hard one, but I think Diana of London Pure Addiction’s ‘Hibiscus Touch’ lipstick is brilliant!
- Favourite highlighter? Haven’t tried any.
- Favourite eye product? L’Oreal Paris ‘Colour Riche La Palette Nude 1 (Rose)’.
- Favourite bronzer? Again, none. Maybe I should stop calling myself a beauty blogger, given how I hardly use drugstore products!
High End Edition!
- Favourite brand? MAC and Bobbi Brown (sorry, can’t pick between the two!).
- Favourite product? Bobbi Brown ‘Extreme Party Mascara’.
- Do you prefer high end over drugstore? Yes. I have really sensitive skin so I’m always freaked out about any possible allergic reactions. That said, there are certain drugstore products that are fabulous! I just tend to read a million reviews about a new product before trying it.
- How do you feel about the Urban Decay Naked Palettes? Love nude shades when it comes to eye makeup and Urban Decay has amazing makeup as it is, so I’m obviously a fan. Dying to get my hands on one soon!
- Favourite brow product? The brow brush? Haha, I don’t really do much with my brows.
- No brows or no foundation? Omg, I love my brows! No foundation.
- Favourite Beauty Blogger or Youtube? Himani Wright. She makes her own cosmetics with all natural ingredients! I also like Kaushal Beauty. She’s gorgeous and her videos are quite insightful!
- Favourite thing about makeup? How it allows you to highlight your best features. My favourite is the smoky eye look. Love how it makes me look sophisticated and edgy at the same time!
- If you had $1000 to spend on makeup, what would you buy first? Chanel Eyeshadow Palettes!
- Which beauty brand is your all time favourite? MAC, most definitely, because their quality has never let me down. My first foundation, eyeshadow palette and lipsticks were all from MAC!
- How old were you when you started wearing makeup? Like 4-5? Haha, just kidding; my mum would apply it back then on me for school plays/fancy dresses. I started swearing by kohl pencils when I was about 13-14.
- Who taught you to apply makeup? As a child, I always watched my mum apply it and just learned from her. Then, along the way, I learned from cousin sisters, aunts, friends etc.
- Would you rather spend money on makeup than clothes? Not really. I love my clothes too! I think I’d spend more on basics than trends, whether it’s clothing or makeup.
- Tell a story regarding a personal makeup experience. This happened last year. It was my cousin sister’s wedding and all of us were about to walk with her to the main wedding area (Mind you, it was a traditional big fat Indian destination wedding!) Before she could take her first step, my cousin glanced at my face and realized one of my eyes was missing eyeliner. This wasn’t my fault because the professional makeup artists were doing all of our makeup. Thanks to all the rush, I didn’t notice either (shame on me, really!) The second she saw it, she immediately borrowed an eyeliner (this one was pencil and I had liquid applied on the other eye, so you can imagine how it could have gone south), and applied it quickly. Thankfully, it looked just fine *phew*. I couldn’t stop laughing at the hilarity of the situation, but I was also extremely touched by how she was ready to delay her own wedding to make me look perfect. I have the sweetest family ever!
- Where are you from and what is considered beautiful in your country? I’m from Mumbai, India. It’s quite unfortunate that in our country, fair skin is given way too much importance. Of course, the urban crowd of India, especially the youth, thinks differently.
Things are slowly changing and I hope there will be a day when every skin tone will be considered beautiful! The style of dressing is quite relaxed here in Mumbai, so the au-naturel look works well. It’s also the city of Bollywood, so there’s no lack of glitz and glamour either! Smoky eyes with lots of kohl is a hot favourite!